Friday, August 16, 2013

842 - 2nd cut baled up

Day 842 Marissa delivered 2 zucchini just after 9 as Shaina left for work. When she arrived, she was double scheduled so went to visit Amanda and the kids and back home by 11. The balers started raking and thru the day eventually got the field baled making only 30 large round. ;-(

Sheldon worked on removing the bust pole and replaced it while I prepared and started painting primer on the exterior house and shop doors.
 shop door progress
I flogged the girls to wash saddle pads and scoop poop along the north side of the shop so I could mow down as horses are so picky. the thermometer said 33 in the shade! Shaina had a headache so retreated to bed while Britt claimed to be cleaning her room :-)

Sheldon loaded up recyclables and he and I headed to town dropping trash at the dump then me at Amanda's. She and I and the kids went to the farmers market to grab goodies. Back at the house Asher demonstrated his new training wheels and the scooter while Ada played with her blanket and hands.



We headed home at 4, I continued to water plants in this heat, now it was only 29. Grama and Papa pulled up in the convertible at 5 and we enjoyed a cold drink on the deck. Grama brought a lasagna which I heated up, cooked garlic toast and sauteed zucchini for supper.

Just before 7, Rob a friend from High River stopped to get the dump trailer and skid steer to remove his rotting sod. Shaina painted Grama's fingernails before the 4 of them jumped in the convertible and ran to DQ for treats. I kept watering while Sheldon visited with Rob.
The DQ group was back fairly soon so Shaina could jump in her car and head back to golf at 7:30. I came in for a shower and Sheldon took over watering trees. Britt the keener headed out to practice around 8:30, Sadly it is getting dark by 9 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment