Tuesday, August 13, 2013

839 - trail ride and more rides

Day 839 was a beauty morning. We were up and feeding horses and cleaning stalls around 8:30. Britt eventually came out of her bedroom int he truck back seat to enjoy fresh raspberries for breakfast. We tacked up and ventured off on another 2 hour ride at 10 this time climbing Curly Sands to our other view point (only place with cell service in miles).
 pretty B, pretty view
 beautiful spot
 to stop and pose for a picture
 grandmother & granddaughter
 mother & daughter
 ah the views from high

and low
There were some new obstacles since last time, most interesting passing thru a cattle chute to get to a gate. We arrived back just after 12 so I started a fire to roast our hot dogs on. Served with chips (no honey Dijon chips for me though) and veggies it filled the spot. Britt volunteered to brave the ice water and wash my dirty horse, THANKS Britt! It was then a quick load and we headed out.





 look out B
 easier to send him up on his own, off to get a bucket

 that worked better
We left at 2:15 and arrived home at 3:30. We quickly unloaded and Mom went to town to check hardy board siding on houses and head home. I trimmed Pepper and Hawk's feet while Britt observed. Shaina was out working on her tan scooping horse dung before she took KD out to condition. Back in the house at 430 I enjoyed a nice shower.

The girls played Donkey Kong before Britt made her perogies to go with the salmon I cooked and Shaina added peas to the menu. After supper we tacked up again and went for a conditioning ride. This is big club tournament w/e, best get all in shape including the riders. (Sheldon, how is the gym up there working out for you?) It was another beauty night to ride.

Once back Shaina rasped Baby's feet before we hosed them all then the girls both went and brought all the horses back in, thanks girls! I came back and started horse and human laundry before working on the blog a bit. Once back in the girls showered and were back on the WII game after enjoying a yummy bowl of mango sorbet I made us :-) I read until late and even Shaina joined me to read and keep me company :-0)

No comments:

Post a Comment