Saturday, August 10, 2013

836 - Britt swathes the 2nd cut hay

Day 836 I managed to sleep in till 9:30. I enjoyed a coffee and put a 2nd coat of my new chalk paint color on the coffee table. I then let the horses out and woke Britt at 11 asking why she was not swathing on such a nice day. She was up and out by 11:30 stopping only at 3 for a late lunch.
I spent over 4 hours stripping (which not much success) then sanding the top of my new dining table. I came in at 3:30 to shower as the dining table buyers said they would arrive at 4 or 5. I could not figure why so many flies but saw Britt had not closed the deck door and about 100 came in. The upcoming storm and an open door, I swear I killed at least 50!! While I waited for the table to be picked up, I started supper and put another coat of poly on the coffee table, time to stage it for sale as soon as it dries.


As I was putzing around the garage Britt called needing a box of a baby bird. I suggested she allow the mother to come back and if still there at next round to rescue it. Thunder was in the distance and Coco followed me panting like crazy. Soon she called again saying put the horses in as it was hailing on her. Only a couple at the house and shining so I did not rush but soon it started to come down. I ran to the shop and set up the last of the panels and open the door while she ran to open the gate but the running horses wanted nothing to do with the metal shop.
It was 6, and the buyer for the table arrived as we were trapped in the shop so he ran to town for food and wait out the storm. Britt and I darted back in soaking wet and ate supper. She helped me move the dining table to the door and bring the other farm table in to use in mean time and stage for sale photos.

Just after 7:30, the sun was back out and the buyers husband returned and I helped him load it up to head to its new home. Checked rain gauge and we got over 1/4"!! yes! The rest of the evening Britt enjoyed back in her favorite spot while I updated the blog and online sites before relaxing in bed. She did run out and put horses away about 9:30 :-)
I love golden hour.. and my horses so cant take enough pictures of either! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment