The morning started off deceptively beautiful — sunny, calm, and perfect for lingering in bed with coffee. S and I slowly woke up while catching up on the last few days and talking through plans for the day. Unfortunately, while we sat there cozy and relaxed, the wind slowly started creeping in exactly like the forecast promised.
And once Alberta wind decides to arrive… it commits.
I hurried outside to drag all the planters into whatever sunshine they could get while S fed Har and made toast. Before the real gusts kicked in, I tackled cleanup from the great lilac pruning marathon, loading piles of seed pods and branches into the quad trailer.
S came out to help haul everything to the pit and while he was there, he also pulled a pile of nasty henbane plants to toss into the fire. Productive morning all around.
I kept plugging away at gardening jobs until he came back, and then the wind officially convinced us it was time to head inside.
The rest of the morning turned into separate research projects. S became completely consumed by lawn mower research while parked on the couch with his laptop, and I worked on sharing tutorials to link sites while also hunting for new bedding. The set I bought recently looked pretty but was just a little too… busy.
I also trimmed a couple taller branches off my rubber plant so I could try propagating them — because apparently I need even more plants in my life. They now need cuts to callous overnight.
Lunch took a dramatic turn when S attempted to microwave leftovers and somehow dropped the entire plate. Corelle glass exploded absolutely everywhere. Tiny shards covered the kitchen and required dragging out the big vacuum for a full cleanup mission.
Soon Harley was loaded up, S climbed into the tractor, and we headed to town.
First stop was picking up Cooper and getting B’s fresh meal prep tucked into her fridge. After that I filled my growler at Origin Malting & Brewing Co. just as the skies started turning ominous. While I was inside, the weather completely unleashed with rain and grapple pounding down.
I met S at the repair shop where organizing parts and paperwork somehow still took fifteen minutes, and then we headed home.
Of course, by the time we got back to the ranch there had barely been any real rain there at all, though the grapple had definitely blasted through. The rain gauge showed just over 1.5 tenths, which was disappointing considering how dramatic the storm was elsewhere.
S resumed his natural position on the couch with his laptop while I made what may have been the purchase of the day — I found the DeWalt pruners on sale with free shipping and immediately ordered them before I could talk myself out of it.
Supper needed to happen early because he had a rodeo meeting that evening. I made pork chops with mushroom sauce and pasta which received the usual enthusiastic rave reviews before he headed out the door at 6.
That left me with an unexpected evening project: researching vehicles.
I went down a rabbit hole comparing the Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport and the Mercedes-Benz GLC after chatting online with Britt's salesperson the dealership. Both honestly look like great options, so now I definitely need to go test drive them sometime.
During all of this I discovered my phone storage was basically full when I couldn’t even take another photo to send S. That led to a deep clean deleting nearly 200 photos off my phone.
Somewhere in the middle of my digital cleanup another little burst of rain rolled through. Cooper soon started giving me his very obvious “excuse me, it is walk time” stare, so despite the brisk wind I bundled up and took the dogs down to the gate and back around 8.
We got home just as Britt arrived to feed.
I finished the final episode of It’s Not Like That shortly before S got home around 9:30 from his rodeo meeting/bar night. Together we started Dutton Ranch, which is already proving to be a much better spinoff than Marshals.
A couple episodes later, midnight arrived once again.





On Wednesday we received flash rain with bits of hail or ice shards, then just wind.
ReplyDelete