The ranch was under a full-on weather mood swing today. I was up early to a dreary sky and whipped up a latte to help ease into the morning while scrolling Instagram and tidying the house. A second coffee got the day officially rolling.
S headed to town before 9:30 for his six-month teeth cleaning while I hauled Harley’s food delivery to the freezer and brought the jewelry armoire inside for its pickup later in the day. I even mixed up a little touch-up paint bottle to send along with it.
So many stickers
Sharon arrived around 11 for tea and a visit which made for a lovely break in the day. S briefly popped home, hooked up the dump trailer, loaded the skid steer and headed back out. His mission for the afternoon was moving a massive planter at the church before helping another fellow, who previously bought his services at the church fundraiser, move more dirt. Apparently DQ lunch fueled the operation.
B was out just before 1 and visited with Sharon for a bit before she left and the two of us headed outside for horse maintenance day. Dewormer, vaccines and windy hairdos for everyone. The weather kept flipping between sunshine and dark clouds while the wind steadily gained momentum. Environment Canada has warnings out for tonight and tomorrow so the prairie drama is officially on.
Before heading to work, B kindly cleaned Harley’s ears while I appreciated having a dog who tolerates her spa treatments well.
The jewelry armoire buyer’s husband arrived shortly after 2 to pick it up, always satisfying seeing a project officially leave the ranch.

Inside it was time for my weight workout followed by writing the tutorial for the kids’ chair makeover. S rolled back in around 4 after his skid steer adventures, immediately claimed the couch and settled into sports-and-phone mode while I tackled the never-ending task of sorting photos. Seriously… I take so many.
I also managed to write a couple Hometalk posts for older projects, one for Candace's desk and another to post next week, continuing my quest to build passive income one furniture makeover at a time.
Outside, the skies kept threatening chaos so I hauled more planters indoors before the expected wind and rain arrived. Even though temperatures hit 23, the gusts made it feel far cooler than the thermometer claimed.
During a hockey intermission S unloaded and parked the skid steer, then raced off in the ranger after I spotted a giant badger hole along the east fence line. Ranch life never lacks excitement.
Never-ending ranch work. I'm inspired by your energy but somehow by the time it goes from my mind to my hands, it has lost some umph ;-) Trav worked for a couple hours last night, in the cold, pumping rain water from the tank outside my bedroom window to a tank between the house and garage. The welcomed rain was more than one tank could hold and I didn't want it running down the basement wall!
ReplyDelete