Harley let out a bark just before 3 a.m. and I instantly knew the intruder could only be about two feet tall. Sure enough, little miss appeared beside the bed and crawled in for the rest of the night. She stirred again around 5 so I closed the blinds tighter and delivered water service before she happily drifted back off until after 7.
Grandpa eventually emerged from his sleep-in and joined the morning fun with coffee and cartoons. By late morning I recruited him into full-time Renn duty so I could squeeze in my workout before he headed off to another rodeo work bee for the high school rodeo weekend. Apparently supervising a busy two-year-old required recovery time because he promptly followed it up with a nap in big brown.
Lunch for Renn consisted of two jam sandwiches and ice cream, clearly the diet of champions. Grandpa polished off the last of the soup before heading to town.
B rolled into the yard right behind them, fed the horses and headed off to work while Kaylin messaged saying she finally got into the doctor and officially has a sinus infection. Steroids, antibiotics and spray are now onboard. Hopefully rest helps too. She has been suffering for over a week. Renn too was plagued with this crusty eye infection.
![]() |
Back inside everyone cooled down with ice water and chips before disappearing back into play mode. Meanwhile I tackled dog chores, feeding then washed every single dog dish, watered plants, hauled planters back inside and checked on seedlings. The green onions and seed planters are officially sprouting.
Amanda and Asher returned after 5 and stayed long enough for a hilarious round of Renn’s version of “guess what I’m drawing” before loading back up for home.
For supper, little miss requested an exact repeat of last night’s meal because apparently when you find perfection there’s no reason to branch out.
Bath negotiations also happened tonight. Renn remained deeply suspicious of the wind even after I opened the door to prove it wasn’t scary outside. The compromise? A shower instead of a bath — but only if Nana joined her. Naturally.
Fresh pajamas on, trampoline routine complete and bed time snack smoothie pouch consumed. Grandpa rolled in around 6:30 after rodeo work with burgers for us and purple grapes plus orange juice specially requested by Renn. More snacks.
Could she be any cuter?
Bedtime finally arrived. Stories and bum taps took a little longer tonight despite the busy day, but by 7:18 she was finally sound asleep.
I got the robot cleaning flors as S and I wrapped up the evening watching more Funny AF while the robot handled the daily collection of dog hair and toddler crumbs.



























No comments:
Post a Comment