Friday, March 22, 2024

Furnace room floods again

There was a fresh layer of snow and -10 when I woke. With a cup of coffee I posted the 2nd last day of vacation then yesterday's blog. Just one more vacation day to go and it has a ton of pics to edit/upload. S was awake after 9 peruing his phone for news with his coffees. I wrote the little green antique tutorial ( posting in April). S was up to have his daily oatmeal after 10.

I downloaded my health reports and showed S how to get his done too. I cooked up a pot of our favourite fresh mushroom soup for lunch. This is soooo good and easy.

S was off to town for shinny before 1. He took along the library book, dead fridge light bulb and a lab test to drop off as well as planning to grab groceries and a prescription. I worked on marketing getting sales set on my Etsy page and sharing. I wrote a Hometalk post for the MCM dresser.

More marketing and tutorial work. Before 3 it had warmed to -4 so I took H for a walk. It was NOT an enjoyable walk with a blustery east wind. But we both got in some steps. Light snow fell off and on all day. I was back to my tutorial writing finishing most up. Now to get new projects underway.

S was back before 4:30 with his booze, groceries, books and pills. Thanks! He hurt his shoulder at shinny so I found some absorbine he rubbed on then alternated heat and ice. We perused a small sail ship cruise website Andersons’s recommended after doing the Panama Canal one. The snow fall started to pick up as I was making our salmon supper. 

Time for the daily dose of cuteness videos 




peanut butter kid

After supper, S was watching hockey while I watered plants. It is Friday plant day you know. While I was downstairs watering S asked for help taking ping pong table top off. But first we had to clean up Britt’s dead plant remnants, table cloth and wipe clean. As I moved the boxes along the edge under the stairs where they are stored I stepped on a wet rug. UGH!!! The darn humidifier hose plugged up again with scale and soaked the rugs, ran down the folding chairs and tables causing rust and mold on the base of the wooden CD chest. It has been just over 2 years since I found the soaked rugs that took a couple days to troubleshoot.

For the next hour Sheldon and I cleaned and directed the water to the drain with the rubber broom. These brooms have been well worth their Stampede purchase years ago. Britt was out to feed while we were cleaning then headed home. Once all was propped up to dry, we came up but so glad that S had the hankering to play pool. It could have been much worse.

The hot tub has not seen much action with the cold nor will it tonight. S caught up with hockey and news. I edited & uploaded all the photos and videos for the final vacation blog post - Todos Santos beach day. Cabo is complete. Now to plan the next destination. I wrapped up my blogging at 10 heading to bed to start a new book - Expiration Dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment