Monday, February 12, 2024

Painting and troubleshooting the sideboard

Har went out after 2 and after 7. Busy bathroom night I guess. I was awake at usual 8, made coffee and did todays Flow games. My dang throat seems to be hurting more now. I mixed up some ACV and honey mix. The chinook winds are howling and it has gone from -2 to plus one already. The snow is disappearing before my eyes.


Renn's morning videos

She likes veggies straws :)

All of a sudden Cooper jumped up on the bed while I was brushing my teeth. Dave must have snuck him in the back door. I got busy sharing my new sideboard tutorial and catching up on marketing. S woke after 9:30 for his coffees relaxing in bed. He moved to big brown an hour later to delete photos and videos on his phone. 

My original iPad S used years ago was restored after he was locked out not remembering his password.

I made us a spinach salad for lunch. S loaded hockey gear and I thrift store items and he was off to town. I worked on sanding the table toes. The leg was glued back on and seeing it is so lopsided I solved it by adding more bondo on the bottom of one of the legs to build it up. The leg edges were filled with wood filler as needed.

While all this dried I wrote a Hometalk post for the custom china cabinet. Then I troubleshot the sideboard that is showing weird marks. The paint company CEO chimed in so I sent her some videos. Back to the garage to sand the bondo fix. Then I started painting the base. Which led to more wood filler fixes. 

S was back from hockey around 4:30 after stopping for coffee with a couple of the guys. He chatted while laying out equipment as I painted the edge of the table top. The dogs were fed (no walk today with the brutal wind) and I came in to have a tea. S was prepping taco fixings watching his Flames game which started at 5. I cooked up the burger for our favorite meal. Britt and Dave arrived to chow down as well. B fed Bird and they were off.

With advice from the paint CEO I worked for over an hour and a half on the sideboard. It seems the wood is not accepting the hemp oil evenly and the touch ups I have been doing are adding to the blotchiness. Hand rubbing the stain oil product creating friction heat was her suggestion. Of course it looked good while wet but as dried the same uneven look returned. UGH!! Next suggestion is to wipe with solvent to remove loose oils. In a week wash with TSP and paint with fusion. Good thing the buyers were not coming till mid March.

Time to head to bed. America's Got Talent finals were watched then another Griselda before lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment