Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cupboard cleaning day

It was the usual Sunday. After coffee and toast S was off to church and I to catch up on marketing. I put a bunch of things on sale on my Etsy shop. I then began my day of cupboard cleaning. It started in the kitchen doing more drawers then moved to the laundry room. This poor room has been the catch all for awhile now. Once back from church, I made us French toast for lunch. B arrived and cooked up her bacon she bought at Olds butcher while there. S hit the couch for a nap.


Sharing the little greenery bouquet left from a combo of my sympathy bouquets still going strong as well as my blooming orchid. Pretty on a dreary winter day.

Those deep cabinets held all kinds of treasures. Again I ponder the $$$ of money I spent on Tupperware over the years. I am sure I have every piece. I organized and set stuff to ask girls and if not off to thrift store. After his nap, S did a recyclable sort and took out the bottles to the shed. B was now on the couch sleeping after feeding her horse.


That is Stella in the tree, she was at the top before I got my phone.

Harley requested a walk in a hilarious refusal to come in but knocking on the door. S and I looped the perimeter to take them for a walk. Cooper spotted a coyote and was GONE. B was on her way home to visit Gulliver and pick up Dave but took a loop down Namaka highway to look for him. Back inside we had a refreshment. Coop finally made his way back from the winery fence.

Sheldon ran to town to watch Asher’s hockey game. Just Craig and his Dad were there so I stayed and finished my laundry room. It looks great. I love organization and strive to keep working on drawers and cupboards before spring.  Britt and Dave were back hitting the TV room for Super Bowl. S was home before 6 to join them. Grama Pat's cabbage rolls were plated up and taken down for supper while watching the game.

I too joined doing the blog on my iPad down there. The halftime show was a bit disappointing but Dave did skip it and make a batch of homemade chocolate ship cookies. Very tasty treat. It was quite the football game wrapping up with Britt calling the winning team around 9:30. They loaded up and headed home by 10. We had a soak in the hot tub after a few days hiatus. We started a new Netflix series called Griselda. After first episode S went to sleep. I started another new one called One Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment