Saturday, February 18, 2023

Canna lilies planted

After a usual start to the day I got laundry going and the blog published. Plants were watered up and down then I was off to the garage to start the fish transfers. 


took a better picture of my "silver" ring



S relaxed on the couch perusing his phone till 11:30 when he headed out to let cats out and start some shop organizing. Britt arrived at noon to drop Cooper off and head in to clean at her condo. I finished the transfer at 1 as S was coming in for lunch. I made us a spinach salad and guacamole while he chargrilled (AKA burnt) himself a cheese sandwich. He then hit the couch for a nap and I caught up the blog then out to clear coat the table top. 


I painted the plant pot a coat of navy and did a second coat of clear on fish table. 



I was sweeping and saw under the stairs the cannas I cut down and covered were pushing leaves past the blanket. So I pulled them out, watered and fertilized and let them grow. I hauled in 3 planters from under the deck and planted up the canna lilies I was given. 


Before I came inside I put a glossier clear coat on the table and left it to dry well. Time for a hot tub while the wind was non existent even though there was no sun.

I started the instant pot stew for supper as S worked on a crossword. B was back at 6 to feed then in to peruse her phone. Mom arrived at 7 just as I was depressurizing the stew pot and the Flames game started. We all enjoyed this tasty 1 pot meal and recommend it. Then the girls worked on the crossword with S down to watch his hockey on the big screen. Mom headed to bed at 9, B and Cooper left soon after and I crawled in to read then switched to watching Outlander.

No comments:

Post a Comment