Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Cold snap continues

Harley barked out of the blue at 5:59 and when I let her out it was a short let me in its snowing! Ok in your kennel and I will sleep till almost 9. The coffee was started when I went to feed her and delivered hot to the prince in bed on the way back. We enjoyed a couple cups in bed with brain games/online news. It is another -19 start to the day with soft snow continuing to fall all day.

After my second cup I got busy posting the antique highboy tutorial I had finished the other day then did all the shares required. I was just getting out of the shower when Harley's food was delivered. This am I did not scrub her cheek just rubbed off any loosed scabs and put ointment on.

I then headed to the garage to put a second coat of paint on the blue jewelry box. The sunset box had some touch ups and all left to dry while I went in for an early lunch of pizza and a salad kit. S joined me after his hard morning of relaxing in big brown with his laptop. I do have him searching vacations but not sure he is really on it.



I headed back to the garage to clear coat the sunset box then clean the others glass and start the mercury glass treatment. This is very stinky so tried to keep H out of the garage. I asked S to feed the 2 horses with the tubs I had mixed up so he and H went out to do that after 1 and grab a tool kit from the shop for me. The day warmed a bit and with no wind S decided to take H for a walk to the gate as he was a bit house stir crazy. If only he had a hobby :) but H appreciated the walk for sure.


I brought the blue jewelry box inside after selecting the transfers I wanted to put inside. This was a process as all little pieces I had to make into a design then put in one at a time but it sure turned out pretty. S started a fire back from his walk and got cozy again in big brown surfing the interweb. When I finally finished the transfers I took the chest out and clear coated them. While I had a wet brush I did the sunset box again too then fed H.


I took a break in front of the fire while coaching S to create stroganoff meatballs. He did a fantastic job!! Very tasty, I think he may be hired :)

Britt and Coop stopped out for the usual bathroom break and helped me scrub Harley's face before they headed home. S watched hockey in front of the fire and I in bed with my iPad and McLeod's Daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment