Saturday, October 23, 2021

Rainy October day

The forecasted rain started just before midnight and drizzled thru the night. Harley alerted us to Shaina's arrival home before 2. It was still raining when H wanted out at her 3:30 request but let up by early morning. Coffee and breakfast for H then I was busy posting the pink project as an auction and sharing it all over in hopes of getting some bids. S let the cats out, replaced the back exit door and tossed hay to the horses. 


Shaina was rousted before 11 to tidy more of the bedrooms she has stuff piled in. I pulled sheets off Britt's bed to wash up fresh. She took a couple things to the storage trailer then was off to a spa in K country after 12. Sheldon and I made 3 pans of apple crisp using up more crab apples stored in the garage fridge. I popped them in the oven and S headed to sports room to watch Flames game after giving horses the apple trimmings. The rain started to drizzle again.


I washed up another bed, cleaned bathrooms and got things together for my hamburger soup. Yikes I needed a few things so after the overtime Sheldon ran to town at 2 to grab me a few groceries. I stayed back making up the beds, continued tidying and seeing the rain was now socked in I started a fire. S was back with the groceries and I chopped up veggies and got the soup on.


The Medicine Hat crew (Ma, Pa and Candace) arrived in the rain followed soon after by B and Coop for an afternoon of visiting which included playing the new card game five crowns. Hot soup supper was enjoyed then the fellows went to TV room to watch baseball. Dave arrived having a couple bowls of soup and joining in on card games. Shaina was back to join in as well. More card games continued when the sports guys surfaced too. Everyone went home/to bed at midnight. I finished season 3 of You before shutting out the lights.









No comments:

Post a Comment