Thursday, January 10, 2019

Road Trip with Sharon

A cup of coffee started our day. I threw on some soup bones before I left for Sharon's and Sheldon ran some bales to the horses. He was spending the morning catching up on Internet things and relaxing till Shaina got up and they changed her oil.



Sharon and I set off for Okotoks after 10 to check out a store that rents space or does commission. Our tour of the store left us both agreeing that 60/40 split is too much for commission and $100 for a 4' shelf rental with a 15% commission on top is far to high for our small businesses. We stopped for a fish and chip lunch to further discuss.

store had loads of crocheted stuff including these 2 ;)

I am on a list at another store there so we stopped to check it out too. Sharon found a couple picker pieces she needed and I confirmed that this would not be my choice of store location either. Our last stop in Okotoks was to a thrift store where I found quite a few scores for my painting as well as a collage frame for Mom.


On route home, Sharon kindly stopped at Lone Star Tack and Feed for me to pick up the horses their salt & minerals they were out of. We were back at her place around 3:30 and I was off for home with my goodies. S was napping in his chair and Shaina had just gone to town to work out. I donned my covies and went to change Switch's poultice. My soup did not cook as planned so an emergency supper was cooked by Sheldon. You guessed it, sausage and KD (Annie's organic actually by Shaina and my votes) She was back to join us for supper before heading back to town at 6:30 to train  Sharon again and do another boot camp at 8.

Sheldon went out to roll out a bale (yeah the door opened finally - it was plus 10 in Okotoks but only -4 here) then he and I caught up on our 2 missed episodes of Vikings. Shaina forgot her eggs so returned around 9:30 for them and more snacks then was off for home.

my Instagram name tag.. just scan it in Instagram, cool right?

No comments:

Post a Comment