Monday, January 14, 2019

garage organization day

It is Monday again, no rest for the weary ;) Coffee and onto chores. S ran the trailer back to Matt's then the fireball truck to town to wash. I dark waxed the bread box and snapped a few photos.



Back from town with a shiny truck it was time to put this hoist to the test. We hooked up the wheels, laid out the ramps and a S gave it a go. Lots of gravel spinning and finally once front wheels were up we found the truck box would hit. 




I had the brilliant idea to remove the wheels completely and it should lower and sure enough it did. Driving on was way easier and once in place it was secured and lifted up. The door was tested and all looks good. 



Now all was a go to sweep and organize but first lunch. I went in to make it while S rolled out a bale for the horses. For late lunch I cooked up meal number 3 from GoodFood, Steak with blistered cherry tomatoes. It was good, too bad they don't deliver to our door. 



S moved to the brown chair for his nap while I went out to get the garage organized. He woke at 2 and came to help me move the huge hutch back to its spot before he was off. On his way to the airport he returned the chains borrowed from the hoist guy.


I got lots moved around and swept and organized. I posted the large dresser and nightstand we picked up while back. The nightstand fell over when we were moving about and dinged the corners proving it was MDF so no point in spending time on it. There was a list of at least 10 people interested in half an hour. I drove to the gate to leave it open for pick up and changed Switch's poultice on the way. It was another beauty day hitting PLUS 8 but things are to change they say.


Another customer messaged they were dropping off a custom shelf to have painted. Sure enough both parties arrived after 4 at the same time, the dresser folks brought 2 vehicles even so for a short time there was allot of folks. I had the dresser and nightstand right at the door so did not take long to have them get it loaded and on their way. Yvonne came in to discuss her colors and shelf plans, learned how to tell if real wood and visited a bit before she was off.


I continued my garage organization and was so pleased with the results! A quick trip to the gate to close it up and back for do a few more things before coming in at 6.




I offered my neighbor fellow painter another dresser I was going to convert to a TV unit as it had a missing drawer and she plans to pick it up tomorrow. See Sheldon, this garage overhaul is turning out epic.

the crib I have to do navy

No comments:

Post a Comment