Friday, August 4, 2017

birthday boy is home

So sleep in day for all but B however the prince was up at 8 and  sort of went about the day like B. He started the coffee grinder and then was letting Lola out. I jumped out of bed to stop him but he still did, ugh. Lucky today was overcast and blustery so she did not do much barking. So with fresh coffee served in bed I guess I can't complain. He did check out his birthday loot I had him. Like Papa he always says after a meal he sure would like some chocolate, here is baby chocolate bars buddy! ;)


I was out waxing the grey chair after yet another touch up to the painted seat. Back inside I hauled up the blue nightstand as a fellow had arrange pick up at 10:30. At 10 he bailed.. grrr. The girls were laughing as I hauled it back down at their self tans. They were rather oompaloompa looking but after a shower a lovely shade of tan. They came up for coffee and breakfast and a visit.

Jamie, Quinn and the girls stopped around 11:30 for coffee and a visit. Shaina and Kaylin were off to the city just after noon to check out a place and then hit a music festival for the day. Sheldon was off to help get scaffolding for the chucks tonight after 1 as the Wagstaffs loaded up and headed off too.

Now home alone I got busy hauling the latest antique dresser outside and sanding it all down after digging out all the key holes (only one slice to the finger drawing blood so getting better) and then it got a good scrub!

once I got scraping I see at least 2 more colors it has been painted in the past




Sheldon was home from the rodeo grounds for supper with Britt pulling in just in time too. He ran a couple more loads of Bales to Stouts while I walked the dogs then watered my garden and Britt relaxed after her long hard day. The day ended fairly nice with the wind that blew all day finally calming down. It only hit 21 so a nice reprieve for the plants and animals. Pretty quiet Friday on the home front, the concert girls stayed in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment