Sunday, October 30, 2016

the roll continues

The projects continue to get completed and started this w/e for me, yeah! Sheldon however seems to be under the weather and a bit of a slug. He did spend bouts of the day working on assembling the wee deck gate. It turns out it will take longer then putting up the entire deck rail ;)


now the light was better I snapped these pictures and think they look great so time to post for sale




I added more dark wax detailing to the magazine rack then another dark wax coat and it to was ready to stage up


close up of the aging details


the spice rack was distressed, touched up and a bit of copper wax added to details then staged up too while backdrop still out


gate progress around 2:30.. this is a dry run requiring a few cuts. Britt arrived back home  not long after so off to the shop to put her winter tires on. They were speedy taking only about an hour, good job guys.


I hammered the top back on the cabinet we brought back from Oyen, now to think of colors.. leaning towards greys over the black and keep rustic?


I chose grey for the geo table, I love these tables


pink for he heart jewelry box of course


this awesome wood tray was deconstructed to stain and scrubbed


I LOVE wooden boxes esp carved ones, this one is a keeper, I gave it a drink of hemp oil to freshen up

 the sweet coaster box had a change of plans going with cranberry and leaving the original art on top

I whipped up chicken quesadillas for supper so Britt could get on the road by 6 and head back to Olds. Sheldon's sports day continued with more in the TV room while I was back out in the garage to start this project


there is a new product that makes an old world finish so these were scrubbed earlier and now dry ready for a base coat. It is messy painted which is soooo hard for this OCD girl but I like a challenge


Back inside for a shower and jump into bed where the sports fan was now situated flipping between baseball world series game, football and the flames! Our internet was awful all day so no Netflix for me until about 10:30 once Prince was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment