Wednesday, October 26, 2016

staging props success

The fog burned off faster this morning but it was brisk and frosty on the ground. Time to get sorting all the treasures I have acquired this last week. Here are yesterdays on the cabinet brought back on Sunday.

such great pieces


 another solid wood geometric table yeah


and this solid wood french provincial.. thinking this one will be a shiny pewter color



and I sorted thru rummage sale stuff, this collection of staging items turned into cleaning out and setting up a couple shelves in the spare room just for staging props


but check out this gorgeous blue glass dish, my two favorite things.. blue and glass, it is mine!


and this ceramic pumpkin is going to get a heritage white makeover ;)


and aren't these hand stitched horses adorable.. I think I may have to reframe them and keep too

While doing all the sorting cleaning etc I got an email asking to buy a growth ruler today as they were moving, luckily I had 2 finished for another customer that I could sell one and repaint before she picks up (who knows when as these were ordered last Nov and this March) She drove out from the city in a flash and chose the grey one. While she drove out, I scurried to tidy the main floor too as it has been a dropping ground for the past few days too. I also put the turkey carcass on to simmer.


Now it was time to get projects underway. I put out all the small items to paint and chose colors for each as well as sorted some paint to purge as I will not use the colors. For my first paint project today I chose this sweet jewelry box and the color is my favorite aurora. I was finishing up the first coat when Sheldon got home from work, early at 4:30.


Working as a team we chopped veggies for the soup and picked the meat off the bones and enjoyed a cold beer while we got it made. As always it was delicious. Sheldon was off course off to watch baseball while I got back to my computer work and Good Wife, only a few more episodes till series finale.

this was what was left after S had 2 huge bowls and me one.. got soup for days, perfect ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment