Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF - scrubbing day

TGIF.. well not really, my week has been very good. Perhaps not as productive as other CM weeks (when the prince is up north) but there is a bit of stifled creativity trying to get the new polox page going, a bank account for the club and trying to market my wares. I think I will go ahead with this Sunday's open house, Amanda has requested my sewing services for a cute little romper so we will do that and a bonus if anyone shows.

My day was spent scrubbing two big projects, the hutch and long dresser.. whew!

 first all hardware is removed.. first time I had drawer fronts just attached with the handle
 let the scrubbing begin
and every time I do, I am so happy Sheldon put the long drain in the garage and that we have my hose hooked to hot/cold mix
I also threw in some gross disgusting picker crates.. OMG, the bird & mouse crap and dirt was insane.. I actually took one outside to join a couple I stuck out to get natures treatment. The cute little orange crate took forever, probably less time had I pried off the top before getting wet. Once wet it was impossible to remove so spent hours blowing the hose thru a crack!
 they came so filthy .. I was grossed out a few times as the mouse poop was flushed out ;/
 but after a good scrub and many rinses they were left to dry


jumbo beast dresser
 dresser drawers, hutch base and picker goodies all drying

 At one point during cleaning, I was tempted to just sell them but I love these labels!!
Britt pulled in around 5 as I was outside hosing the last couple of crates. I threw in a pizza for supper and once done she got to work on a modified club logo, about 4 hours later she had this
pretty swank, here is her original sketch again
she actually kept fine tuning and had 3 more versions
 which versions do you like best?

3 comments:

  1. I like second and third but think they are the same ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see I am no longer annymous! Learning everyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. look again ;) and yes I see your new profile, good job

    ReplyDelete