Monday, March 7, 2016

plus 13

Internal alarm seems to be set for 7:45 but as Mom reminded me in our telephone chat this am, time springs ahead soon, Oh MY! I had to roust Britt around 9:30 as her internal clock was shut off, she finally got ready and was off to school around 10:30.

I began the dreaded glaze on the grey dresser. Once I got started I remembered why it is not my favorite finish. It is not the best for an OCD person who likes perfection. Glaze is meant to be haphazard and messy looking and if you fiddle with it there is trouble. However I did get all drawer fronts done before I took the 2 big dogs to the gate to recover the sale sign. It is a beauty day at plus 13 and full of sunshine.

 pictures before the glaze
Back to the dresser, when I set the drawers in to gauge I noticed the inside rim was visible and chose to paint it black to add a bit more interest.
 from brown to black in no time then poly'd once dry

I did get one end glazed too before Shaina arrived around 2:30. She brought along Lexi for a ranch run too. We ventured out to catch the horses once she went thru her stack of mail. She took both Baby and KD while I caught Daisy Duke who needed to start her conditioning. What a great day for a ride. Once back, she and I trimmed Baby's feet before she loaded up and was off to meet a friend at Tim's then head back to the city.

I came in for a cold drink, caught up on jersey  and CM emails , jumped in the shower, ate supper then blogged and the Voice/Netflix night ahead. As I was multitasking watching and checking Instagram I was bothered by the glazing I had done so headed out for an hour to add more, much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment