Friday, March 11, 2016

hutch gets a paint job and electrical in barn

Funny, we both are on the 7 am wake-up.. couple more days it will be 8 so a bit better. Coffee and tablet time then lets get busy. I pulled more staples and glued the back of the chair.
I have had a few inquiries about the matching night stands so thought I would check them out
 time to remove the yucky old mactac drawer liner. amazing the things you find left in furniture ;)
New project to start is the hutch, time to give the Country Chic all in one paint another try this time in vanilla frosting. NOT a fan of this as it dries as fast as you paint and leaves lines but I persevered. Once the first coat was on it was left to dry. The gal that bought the dresser sent her money but the security word stumped me, where do I live. When I contacted her she had to pass as she thought I was in Cochrane! Good thing there was a list, the next in line is coming in the morning.

 the edge showing where dries before able to carry on


 
 first coat distressed
Sheldon started pulling more wire but of course did not have all his supplies so made a town run. He did bring back a late Vietnamese lunch at 2 which was yummy. Once done we both headed back out to our projects.

It was another beauty +13 day. Britt got home around 3:30, unloaded, ate did a bit of accounting with me and was off to the city an hour later to meet Shaina to shop and stop at the Tack Collector.

I came in after the final coat went on the hutch and did most of the distressing at 8. Late lunch makes for late supper but the gal coming in the AM got vetoed by her husband which moved to the next in line now.. never a dull moment in marketing. Sheldon came in around 8:30 and caught the end of the Flames game before nodding off. Britt got home around 9:30 and made me a "grouchy doctor" drink (famous in Olds) and it was really yummy, thanks B!


No comments:

Post a Comment