Wednesday, March 23, 2016

balloon back chair

I was up at 12 to let D out for a pee break then 4:30 am cleaning up more puke from Coco who gave it another go around 8 so I just got up. I picked up a dresser at 9:30 before my doctor appointment. Sheldon followed me in the merc to help load then ventured off on his chores including a doctor visit for him too, lab work and checking a leak at the rental (which turned out false ;) I grabbed some more table parts before stopping at the recycling where I scored 2 new paints then headed home.
never seen all 7 down at once.. they are liking the sunshine

Time to get working on the balloon back chair as my wood worker is back and can cut me a seat (he cut another for another set of chairs at the same time too, Thanks Prince. He went out to start harrowing the pastures but claimed the plus 10 was too cold so did not get all done before coming in to nap.
 new seat sanded to fir
 now to fit the new cushion and polyester
 trace from underneath then cut worked best
 look who is staring at me today
 which direction to put the material?
of course Murphy's law had me lending out my ironing board to Amanda, no time to run back to town to get it so I improvise.. this is another reason I LOVE granite!
 it makes the perfect flat surface
so I spray glued the batting down.. eeekk another learning curve and after choosing the direction to lay the material out got busy stapling, this poor chair has seen so many holes, thanks goodness for thick solid wood frame of antique chairs
 and FINALLY here is the chair almost complete,
just requires the trim
 originally I had bought this pink grosgrain ribbon but it seems to bright
 so tried origianl material
 or cream satin, but it will show glue marks so hand made welting it will be.. but tomorrow!
 time to cook up a scrumptious supper!! SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
It put the old boy to sleep yet again. This last set of night shifts has really thrown him off so a hot bath and to bed with him early again.

No comments:

Post a Comment