Sunday, July 21, 2013

816 - relaxing start to another busy day

Day 816 started early, odd how on a day you could sleep in you actually can't! So Sheldon and I were up at 8 enjoying coffee (and baileys) while he perused the internet for a few hours and I uploaded polox pictures and updated the blog for last 4 days.
By 11 we headed outside to work. I started the horse  "whites" laundry and put 2nd coat of poly on the growth stick. I moved water thru trees yet again, it is so dry!! Sheldon continued work on the landscape tie border.
Britt and Shaina drove out of the yard around 11:30 to pick up Asher and take him to Monster University movie in the city.
After I whipped up a tasty lunch of grilled crab/cheese melts Sheldon ran to town to get more parts and restock beer fridge. I hung horse laundry out and kept the water moving as well as finish up the growth ruler and wipe a few other projects down. Once back he hooked up the catch water overflow and spread more gravel. I fed the skinnies some of our amazing square hay bales, yummy they neigh!


The girls got home just before 3, folded their horse wraps and put away. Shaina even managed to get a ride in on Baby before supper.

After my yummy chicken supper with corn on the cob, roasted beets and home grown spinach salad I helped Shaina trim Baby;s feet while Sheldon put rebar thru the landscape ties.

He then ran a load of bales to friends at the river just after 8 and back in the hour. Shaina loaded up Diego and took him to town for a walk just before 9 returning by 10:30 with a ton of stories. Lets say he loved the park and was a huge hit, after the spiked collar revealed a gentle giant!

No comments:

Post a Comment