Monday, July 1, 2013

796 - Happy Canada Day!!!

Day 796 is Canada's 146th birthday!! Happy birthday!! I snapped a few pictures of the fog at 5 am then was back in bed till 8:30. Shaina head off to work soon after. The other 2 girls slept late till 11!

I went out and watered trees and garden in the sunshine. I also put horses out in side pasture.. which they modified to extend where they wanted to go :-) I also gave Diego his shot.
About 1:30 Britt, Steph and I went to town, first to drop off Britt's Lammles resignation then stop quick at Walmart for snacks then met the Paetz fam at the Kinsmen park for Canada Day celebrations.
 water fun

 picnic
 airbrush tattoo station




 caricature sitting

Shaina met us there in time to get in on the family character photo just before 4 then we headed home. The Aussie boys were waiting and once the girls showered up and grabbed clothes, Shaina and Steph left with them for Edmonton at 5:30.
After a refreshing shower I realized Shaina did not clean out KD's cut or ride her for that matter so out I went in my nightie. Note to self.. don't shower first as dry silt sticks to bare legs! First though I noticed the fence down between fat/skinny pens but the hot wire still blocking them and the fatties standing around the water tub. Sure enough they were done dry in this 28 degree heat and think had been for a day as they were there this am when i went out. The were most pleased to be refreshed. What a beautiful evening it was.

Britt headed out at 8 to ride and found Bird lame. Is this really happening? So we checked her over and could see nothing visual just stiffness in the front left leg and shoulder maybe so Britt cold hosed her and let her graze.
She then headed to town just before 10  to visit with little kitty Boo who was at Brooke's then take int he fireworks! I spent a quiet evening chatting with Sheldon for a bit then watching TV. Britt was home from fireworks just before midnight as I was finishing up watching Siberia.. did anyone else watch this premiere? Apparently it is filmed in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment