Thursday, July 4, 2013

799 - 530 small bales put up

Day 799 there is a forecast of possible afternoon and evening rain so after sleeping till 8:30 I was up ready for the day. Britt headed to work at the stables before 7 and has her last shift I think at Lammles at noon. This and she is feeling crappy still.

Once we finally got rolling we found that part of our stack had fallen.. seems you need a wider base than pallets Sheldon requested for ease of moving. We googled how to stack bales and started a strong steady stack. We fetched the last 8 bundles and stacked them as Shaina made lunch. She showered then left for work at 2-close.


 Shaina and wee helper Ralph
 back in the field
 this is the Aussie conveyor belt :-)

 last 120, wait 119 loaded and below unloaded..
The boys showered and rested as the "blind" man stopped at 2:15. I ordered blinds for the upstairs holding off in the basement at this time. I then headed out and watered flower, gardens and trees.
Just after 4 the Aussie boys headed south to visit friends so I went out to mow for an hour. I showered up before heading to airport to get Sheldon at 7 however as I was getting ready to go Shaina called to say there was a tornado warning and severe hail. Britt got home from her long day of work just before 6 so she and I batttened down the place putting up panels across half of the shop so horses could go inside, moving all pails and such outside that might blow, move the plants up, took chairs off the deck, sequester the animals, unhook dump trailer and hook up horse trailer and move into the shop. The air temp dropped and it looked threatening but luckily nothing hit however we sure could use the rain.
 to the north and below to the south
 and to the west

 so here is our shop/barn with Britt sitting guard on the bale stack
and just in case I cut my peonies

Sheldon's flight was delayed an hour due to Calgary weather but he forgot to text when they left. He text when he arrived which was 7:45 so I grabbed a tea and went to get him. We filled with gas on the way home and got the mail and were home by 9:45. Shaina was home after work just after midnight.
Happy 4th of July my American friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment