Friday, July 5, 2013

800 - chore day

Day 800 was a lazy start except for Britt, I woke her at 8 to get to her doctor appointment at 8:30. It was then time for coffee and planning of the day. Shaina got up at 10 and was still late for her noon shift but she did get KD cheek and now slice on neck cleaned and doctored before going. Britt was home by 9:30 with groceries and a prescription and zero gumption spending all day in the TV room.

Sheldon started hauling round bales in around 11:30 after kindly grading the ditches around the new trench. Britt caught Beck and I trimmed her feet as a friend is picking her up today to use for an umpiring clinic next two weekends.

I did horse laundry before Sam came to get the horse. I am so glad I have a washer and dryer inthe garage for these dirty items. I washed 3 horse blankets too which were really in need. It seems the horse had another idea as Beck would not load in Sam's trailer. I caught Daisy and she stepped right in so guess who went to the umpire clinic? After Sam's kids had a run around to get rid of pent up driving stress she headed back to the city. I had caught Hawk and trimmed his feet too. Yikes they were so long, poor boy. Why is it the cobblers kid has no shoes?

Next I hand mowed in the lilac hedge, scooped horse crap in the skinny pen, watered a few trees and flowers, updated the blog, whipped up barbecue veggie pack. Britt actually fell asleep at 6 and missed supper and slept right on thru the night. Sheldon finished moving the 105 bales along the road by 6.

A hot relaxing bath and bed were next in order. The rain started to drizzle around 8:30 then let loose later and continued thru the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment