Wednesday, July 3, 2013

798 - small bales hauled in

Day 798 was an early morning, Britt was up for work at 6:30 and Debby asked for a wakeup call then too. Britt headed off to work. Deb got ready to head out to Banff before her and Steph ventured back home to Las Vegas. Shaina even got up to say goodbye then back to bed. They drove out of the yard at 7:50 am.

I got busy planning my day. I got Shaina, Adam and Sam up and fed them a hearty breakfast at 9. The boys and I started to unload the bales and stack while Shaina managed to sneak back to bed until I drug her out after 10. She helped us get another load and while unloading and stacking Britt arrived home from work to help. We went out for another load taking about 20 min to get 105 bales so were back at 12:30 and had lunch.


 a selfie of Shaina loving this job
A brief rest period (a couple slept ;-)) and we headed back out for load 3 of the day but it cleared the winter pasture. This one we left in the shop having 410 dry bales. I closed gates and left the fatties out to feast. Most showered before we headed down to the river to check the damage and take the dogs for a walk along the canal.


Back home by 5, I quickly cooked up hot dogs and Shaina made ichiban for supper. It was then time to load the horses only we found Bird and Scooter both lame so recruits from the fat field were loaded. The boys came along and we made it to polox practice for 7.

After practice we loaded up quick, stopped at DQ for treats and ventured home as dark set in. Poor Britt was feeling terrible after many days f fighting a sore throat so she went to bed while I unloaded horses and Shaina made food for the skinnies. I had a well deserved shower and headed to bed seeing it was almost midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment