Saturday, December 22, 2012

607 - winter solstice

Day 607 was the longest night due to winter solstice, it also was proof there is no end to the world! Only down side was Britt had to work at 8 so I awoke to be sure she was getting ready and Sheldon crawled out of bed 5 min before they needed to leave. Good side, he brought a steaming chai back at 9.
I was reading in bed watching hawk entertain himself and the herd by swinging Britt's leather halter in circles. It is great fun watching his antics. Sheldon shoveled the deck off as we did get a skiff of snow overnight. He then lit a fire and read magazines so I went out for a bit however the list of things to do preceded the reading.

 what a character

I hung more decorations, unfortunately my tape was not the best an soon two glass ornaments slid together and shattered :-(  Shaina was up and made breakfast and scrambled eggs for me too. I made granola for gifts and the house as well as toffee cookies. In between I did dreaded accounting, what a fun sucker that is so a few breaks were needed to bake and decorate and do laundry.
 while trying to find Britt's wallet I found her "snack" drawer, oh my! Shaina has one too I think
 toffee cookies for gifts and snacks

I organized and wrapped the rest of of the gifts and put under the tree. Sheldon picked up Britt at 3 from work. I think my bustling around motivated him to clean the garage. He wiped folding chairs and brought in for next week then swept and hosed the garage floor. He even gave Diego a bath and washed his bedding.
 the dining disaster
 hosing down the garage floor
 and the big guy gets bathed

Shaina worked on packing her bags before she got ready for work at 5. She took the truck and will stay in town tonight after attending the red party at the station as she has a massage tomorrow at noon.

I made hamburger goulash for supper during which Kaylin dropped Lexi off before she carried on to work. She is now staying here until next week with parties and Christmas. I could not find Britt for supper, seems she was napping. After supper Sheldon played rest. Lexi played with her buddies, she loves coming to the ranch!
Earlier this week I broke a beaded necklace so it was time to restring the super tiny glass beads and larger beads, talk about eye strain! Then it was time to update the blog before headed to bed to relax with my book. I just finished and inspiring book yesterday called You Can Buy Happiness. I also have had a quick peek at her website. Now to finish the Ashley Judd memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment