Sunday, September 13, 2026

A Windy Turn to Fall & Relaxing Sunday

The sun was out this morning as I brewed up coffee and delivered it to the prince in bed to wake him for church. He chugged it down and was off shortly after.

I spent the morning with the usual pet care, accounting, and blog writing and publishing Friday. Soon the clouds rolled in, and the windy, overcast day turned pretty dreary.

I wrote my second Hometalk post for the month, this one for the magazine rack, after getting the robot to work cleaning all the main floors.

A bowl of soup before doing my dreaded workout, which was followed up with a warm, relaxing shower.

S was finally home before 3, having gone to the ER after church to see about his knee pain. The doctor gave him a shot of Toradol and sent him on his way after 2. He grabbed some milk and my prescriptions, then came home for a very late lunch-and-breakfast combo.

B texted that she made it home from Oyen after 2 as well but needed a nap before coming out to do her horse duties. After eating, S hit the couch to catch up on his laptop while watching football napping himself.

I was back at the ancestry tree, having received updated information from a relative I’ve been corresponding with. It is always nice when another little piece of the family puzzle gets filled in.

B was out later, stopping to eat her Tim’s and chat briefly at the island, then mixed up the horse food. She and I went out and fed everyone, then gave Mac her third dose of dewormer. It was a bit of a challenge doing in the open field, but we got it done.



B headed home and we ate a late supper of prime rib and veggies. We finished the newest Lioness with one episode to go in the season, coming next week. Then we started a mystery series called The Better Sister with ice cream.

Once S fell asleep, I tried to find the Dolly Parton documentary, but I was getting tired too and eventually called it a night.

A pretty quiet end to a day that started sunny but definitely felt like fall by the time the clouds and wind rolled in.


Shaina's staged photo of her "new" knife block back home


2 comments:

  1. Knife block looks like it fits nicely in its new home. Glad Britt got home safe!

    ReplyDelete