Saturday, August 23, 2025

Sunflowers, Shopping & a Sleepover


I was awake early again, just after 7. I made a coffee and got to work on yesterday’s blog and finding a few baby photos of Amanda for her 40th birthday post. Happy Birthday little sister! With all the video compressing and uploading it took a while, but eventually the blog post was done. S woke up around 9, coffee in hand, scrolling his news in bed.






and this is AI's version of Renn at 5


gotta have her coffee in the morning


getting ready to go shopping with Nana <3

I cut fresh sunflowers to take in, while S packed up burgers, tomatoes, onions, and buns for lunch. By 10 we had tools and treasures loaded and were out the gate — leaving it open and a pail in the pit for dirt dumping, with B in the loop since she was dropping Cooper off soon for the day and sleepover.

Quick Tim’s stop in Langdon, then on to the Boysis household where an excited Renn greeted us. We unloaded sunflowers, apples, lunch, treasure boxes, and tools. Nathan grilled burgers (thanks Nate!) and after lunch I put Renn down for her nap at 1:30 while N & K took their bottles in — scoring $110 cash. Golf filled the TV then N showered, K eventually changed, and woke Renn at 3.



playing the piano Auntie Coleen sent for her


a rake from auntie Candace


and some musical compilations




 and Lexi chilling between S and I

We loaded into two vehicles and headed to West Hills for shopping. Mission: for me- shoes and makeup which was no luck, for S - a wedding outfit. Two hours later he finally decided on an outfit just after 5:30. 

her crossed legs and sunglasses crack me up




Renn had fun trying on shoes and costumes and playing with toys


An outfit S found but the jacket had visible lining I was not a fan of


Testing Minnie pillow and reading some books

With Renn getting hungry, they headed home to supper while we returned to the ranch, rolling in around 6:30. Dogs were let out then fed, cats fed, and quiet settled in.

I slipped in a little more tile waxing, snapped a few photos, boxed it up, and prepped a label (to print at a friend’s). S was buzzing around on the ranger and even picked strawberries next door. I took advantage of the golden-hour glow for a soak in the hot tub, then curled into bed with Cooper beside me and Harley on the floor, watching Love Is Blind. Meanwhile, S retreated to the TV room, absorbed in his sports.





2 comments:

  1. Renn and Sheldon had a good duet going there on the piano!

    ReplyDelete