Saturday, April 9, 2022

Pastured harrowed finally

The morning started with a new meditation I am trying for 21 days, today is day 2! An iced coffee was enjoyed after feeding H deer "roast" outside and a quick bit of marketing. The day is overcast and windy of course but I wanted to get the paddocks harrowed so bundled up and got at it. Luckily the quad started and I got underway with a bit of speed issues but after a bit something changed and I was in high gear sounding and driving well. The next 3 hours were spent in a dust cloud and wind bowl but I got them all complete.


don't let the sun fool you, it was soon gone and bitter cold out


see my harrowing work video

Inside I had to wash my face with an actual facecloth and blow my nose a ton to rid myself of the dust. Then I enjoyed the second half of the chicken salad catching up with Mom's day. Now to get on with Dad's table sealing the top now that it has been 3 days drying. I applied the first coat and let dry while washing up 2 new projects; the magazine rack and a bread box. I sent H out with some deer bones and piece of liver to keep her busy.


snow squall video

A second clear coat went on the table top and the magazine rack was painted a cactus green. I had made up horse feed but seeing B was coming soon I came in to grind flax for her. A short snow squall moved in but gone by the time she arrived at 4 to feed. She is still not feeling well so fed and was on her way in short order. I moved on to searching for flights and accommodations for Victoria.

Before the leftover shrimp bowl for supper I went out and applied a 3rd clear coat on the table and a second coat of green on the magazine rack. Britt text her face is swollen and pus oozing from her socket again, this added to not feeling well has her in rough shape. I suggested she call emerge but she is going to wait until tomorrow. I took the cats food and locked up then back to more travel research before heading out to soak in the tub earlier tonight after 7:30. Harley did do some visual guarding but eventually came to peek over the edge asking to go in from the wind. I was back out to add chemicals, showered then back out to close up. Time to relax with more Queen of the South episodes.


my guard dog and peeking Tom :)


No comments:

Post a Comment