Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Cancelled our trip ;(

Be darned if I awoke at midnight and could not fall back asleep again worrying about our trip even cancelling a dinner reservation and calling hotel at 2:30, just when I was drifting at 3 H wanted out so did that, took temp to find low grade 99.5 then finally at 3:30 I watched more Selling Sunset till I fell asleep after 4. I did awake before 8:30 having to contact the farrier about coming today. We decided to move to this Thursday. Today the sore throat achy shoulders and headache persisted with new symptoms added; a bit of a cough, crackly ears, pain in eye sockets if looking up but still feel like it is a “cold” had I not tested.

I then started looking into changes for the rest of the trip and managed to most cancelled ; 3 accommodation spots, the spa booking and car rental by late morning. The flights are still in the air. H was fed a deer meal outside as I finished up the Selling Sunset season. Shaina made coffee and was off to town to train and get her pedicure done before 10: we have postponed ours together as her bday gift till a later date too.

I let out the cats, scooped some poop and got bedding in the laundry between the cancelling calls. Expedia's return call seems to be extremely backed up. H got an esophagus treat but came in all covered in grass so gave her a dewormer pill to help with the itch. For a late lunch after 1 I mixed up some kale salad starting a new Netflix show Anatomy of A Scandal.

Shaina was back home before 2 and off to her office. I went out in the warm 17 degree winds to soak in the tub before 3 for a bit taking my doctors call in there. Back inside I showered off quick and threw in a load of towels and got dishwasher going. If only I had a maid to serve me at my door food drink and snacks during my “quarantine”.

I tried to rest for the rest of the afternoon but it is very hard. Once S called we confirmed to reschedule the flight out for June 6 so I made those changes which so far were the only one with a $105 penalty fee. I certainly will not be getting my steps in today. Shaina made supper which was lovely and served to me in bed after 6; salmon burger, quinoa and asparagus. Thanks Dude.


before and after B cleaned it up :)

B was out late today having meeting after work but fed and then noticed H's eye was goopy again. This leads us to believe allergies so she cleaned it up and treated it before heading home, thanks B! Shaina brought me a smoothie as I finished the series Anatomy of A Scandal. S made it home at 10:40 today, watched some sports then off to sleep in the spare room to avoid possible germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment