Sunday, January 2, 2022

Balmy zero degree day

It was -4 when I awoke, wow the horses must feel tropical. The chinook winds were blowing but it is sunny. J was back again meowing at the door but not as intense as his yowling last night. What a cat. After feeding H I made a pot of coffee and drank 3 cups today. I got Bruce (the robot) cleaning then did some marketing, phone calls, plant care and laundry. The wind let up making for a lovely day that was warming even more. Seeing it was going to be a nice day with a break in the cold snap I tried to arrange pickup of Kaylin's stuff but no luck. 

Biggest birthday wishes to Mya who turns 13 and Asher who turns 11 today, we love you but please stop growing so fast! xoxo




Bruce kicked back into cleaning after his 4 hour charge just as the buyer for the coffee table walked in the door at 12:30. Odd character for sure but she did decide to take it and after a chat with her mom about her painful teeth and a smoke (outside of course) she and her mover friend loaded it up and on their way.

Britt was out before 1:30, she took food to horses while I caught Switch and took her in to trim her feet. It is 0 out!! She brought in Pepper for a tweak, KD and then Roo as I let Switch go and back to the house. I tossed the dogs kibble in the snow for a search and find. She continued with Bird and Biebs. I headed back out as she was finishing up offering to load her dresser and take to town. We did just that leaving the dogs to dry in the kennel. A quick trip in; unloaded it in her front entry, I bought us Opa then we came home to eat it.



Britt and Cooper headed home at 6 after putting Bird's, Pepper's and Bieb's blankets back on as the temperatures are heading back to freezing. I wrote a Hometalk post for the grey dresser from way back while guiding Bruce for yet another map clean. Harley has had the stinkiest farts the last two days/nights that make your eyes water. J was outside for the door for a bit complaining I am leaving him out again. The winds picked up again but it is -11 and by the looks of the upcoming weather they will be back to the garage soon. I was headed to bed at 8:30 after sending H out hoping she is good for the night. It was another late can't sleep This is Us episode evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment