Sunday, May 16, 2021

Harley's first trail ride

The darn robin arrived like clockwork at 5:20 to our bedroom picture window. I scared away from there a few times then it moved to sit at Sheldon’s window on the chair back and peck like a woodpecker. After 6 Harley who slept inside last night and I went out and moved the chair from the window hoping that would help then after she did her business went to the garage and I back to bed till before 8. I think my window coverings helped as the robin only bothered me and was not heading to the office waking the prince. I fed Harley then had an iced tea with S who had coffee. I have not had much coffee this week as my goal. I had S help me carry in the coffee table to stage before pick up.



We headed out in the lovely sunny 19 with no wind. I weeded the west flower bed while S worked  on setting up a soaker that had some big holes. Kaylin was out with Lexi then after and iced coffee got busy cleaning out her vehicle. Shaina followed suit soon after.  I was tidying the garage trying to make a cleaner energy. S changed the garage door knob that stopped working then checked the septic tank via flashlight (shitty job lol) as I noticed it really wet on the north end and smelly. 


Devon arrived at 1 as we came in for a late lunch. Sheldon visited with him on the deck with a cold beer while the dogs “played”. Kaylin and he were off at 2 leaving her car here as they have lost a parking spot and seeing both not working they can share a vehicle. The day heated up quick and hit 26! A few chores to get done including my water kefir process, programing for Shaina and online wheelbarrow tire search for the prince.


We loaded up 3 horses: Switch, Pepper and KD along with mini horse Harley before and headed for the river before 3. We parked at our kind friends home and tacked up then set off for a 2 hour ride. This was Harley's first horse ride/hike off leash adventure as well as river crossing adventure and she seemed to love it.





Out on the trail we go



Shall we cross the river? Can you do it Harley? watch and see below








Shaina gave H a cool down soak :) 


Not long after some canoers floated past.






Now to cross back over


come on Harley!!

We were back at the ranch by hosing them off and releasing them to eat. Harley got a frozen duck neck before her well earned supper while we prepped the steak and veggies. I did the milk kefir quick to give H her portion with supper which was good of course. Britt stopped out to feed her horses but did not stop inside and was off to town in short order. Harley came in after eating fell asleep and did not move! Shaina helped clean up supper then headed to the gym before 8 while I worked on the blog and S hit the couch. The wind has now picked up ;(

I jumped in the shower while S went to give the kitties food. We are going to try leaving the door open overnight to let them peruse mice and robins :)


busy as a bee


No comments:

Post a Comment