Sunday, May 2, 2021

First big SS job complete


Check out the 6 am sunrise today!! After putting H in the garage I went back to sleep till after 8:30, happy Sunday!! Sheldon was up at 9 making his pot of coffee eventually making his way out to let out cats, ratchet strapped the willow tree that was leaning east to the fence and turn water on. It was supposed to rain today but forecast has now changed although it went from sunny start to overcast in short order. Finger's crossed for rain! I got to work catching up on the blog.


I forgot to snap a picture at Kaylin's biz so had her send one today, this is one of the lovely rooms.

Shaina was up before 10:30 to make a cap and some brunch of sausage and eggs for us, thanks! A brief rain squall with 10 drops blew thru. Britt stopped out before noon to drop off Cooper then head to the city to help out Kaylin with her new employee training. I wrote a milk kefir tutorial for Hometalk while the prince napped on the couch. 

Once awake at 12:30 he headed back to Stouts to finish the last of the grooming then load up the skid steer and complete his project :) I wrote a Hometalk post for the olive green chair. Shaina was off to the gym for her 2 pm slot with S back soon after with the last load of rocks, cement etc. He unloaded the tree spade when a short hail storm came down. It was tiny and short and moisture as he says. I had him hook up the timer to the well and set the horse water trough to fill in the west paddocks before he dumped the load and headed back to town. He may have a quick gravel job at the neighbors who gave us the pear tree before he loads the skid steer.


this little cactus just blooms and blooms :)

I continued working on tutorials catching up on computer work while the up/down weather continues outside. I opened a package of my fav treats and thought it tasted odd. When I looked down I saw it covered in MOLD!! I dumped the whole bag and found them all covered, yucky!!


Shaina was back after 3, B was not long after followed by Sheldon - no extra job ;( . The weather changed yet again to nice and sunny so I headed out to clean up tools, prune more bushes and all round tidy. I put salt/minerals in the middle paddock and another bought of water in the trough. B caught Bird to ride after we put KD and Pepper in middle paddocks. She rode in the shop paddock.


Shaina hit the nail on the head with this belated birthday gift, THANK YOU!! XOXO

S dressed to change Shaina's oil but seems there is not enough oil so she ran to town. He and I finished the willow tree shoveling dirt, pruning and raking and encouraging it to grow. Once Shaina was back with oil he went to change it. I headed in to put the cabbage rolls in an swap laundry loads. THANKS Grama P!! The weather then got crappy but soon switched to sunny so B could work Roo in the same shop paddock. It hit 13 today but was so off and on it was crazy.

I helped Shaina hang her string of lights in her room. Brittany finished up riding Roo, put on her grazing mask and opened the gate tot he shop paddock for her and Switch then loaded Cooper and headed for home by 6. S came in from oil change and starting water on the willow tree area. Supper was delicious, thanks again Ma K.

S retreated to her apartment after supper, I rousted S to come with H and I for a quick walk. It was brisk for sure. The kitties caught up with us at the end so tucked them away for the night. Inside back to laundry while S hit the couch after shutting off the water to surf the net.


SLiK Services job complete




this was the before






No comments:

Post a Comment