Saturday, January 9, 2021

Harley goes on her first horse ride

The usual start with a pretty sunrise. We had our coffee in bed then I did some marketing. Sales seemed to freeze as of late, darn it.


S worked on the sausage grinding and deer meat cutting throughout the day as things thawed. I sanded the chair to reveal some of the white and wood then dark waxed it age it. Finally I hauled it in and snapped some pictures to post for sale.




B stopped out around noon, she fed Bird then she and I along with Shaina went out to trim feet. Everyone got a trim or refresher then kept in the pen behind the barn as Shannon and Kate are coming to ride with Shaina. B and Cooper headed home after done around 2. 


watch these 2 videos

The 2 girls arrived just before 3 and upon greeting them Harley puked again. I bundled up and took her and the kittens for a walk to get fresh air. Then she and I played ball back at the house. After a visit the girls bundled up and headed out for their ride. I went and helped with bridles and opened the gate along with Harley who was stoked to go along with them. This is the first she has ever experienced with riders on horses and after starting out circling them she figured out to walk ahead. I went out and called her over once they looped around the east side of the pasture and towards the gate. They continued on to the winery and H to nap on her bed.





videos of their ride

I wrote a tutorial for the grey salt and pepper set. The girls were back from their ride and off to play ping pong and visit. They headed home before 6 and we ate leftovers for supper. It was then time for a soak in the tub to sooth the lower back after trimming for me and cutting meat for S then we watched 4 more Yellowstone episodes. S then went to sleep and I finished the finale of The Pack. 


butcher and the inspector



No comments:

Post a Comment