Monday, December 7, 2020

Shaina saw the sunrise

My night had very disrupted sleep and found me awake after 7 with H a quiet as a mouse. Shaina has an 8 am meeting and had asked if I could be sure she was up by 7:30. I text then went down and she was awake. This of course rousted H so out she went and around for breakfast. Shaina had made her cappuccino and off to meeting so I made mine and got busy on the computer.



A parcel was delivered at 9:30. I decided I best get in the shower as another parcel is to arrive later. Harley was full of energy after she went out with Shaina to let out the kitties after 10. Seeing she was cooking oatmeal for her brunch I pulled on a toque and we went out for a walk.  But first a applied the reactive stain to the growth ruler to get it going today as I had a fellow order and pay for it this am. While retrieving the pink ball left out in the east pasture she found her spine section which was then her mission. 


kitty walk video

I went back inside to work on the ruler throughout the morning adding more stain layers and then paint. (Video view below)

After more computer work and a bologna sandwich I was ready to stencil the ruler. I was zooming along until I put the 4 in the wrong spot!! Dang it, so I quickly wiped the wet paint off which of course wiped the stain so grabbed the soaking brush to redo  only to see the brush handle dropped water drops along the bottom half!! OMG this is not going well. I did touch ups and went inside to have a beer and leave it be for awhile, best advice I give to others is walk away ;)

Harley is loving the warm weather as she can spend time on the deck chewing on her bones. I put another coat of wax on the kids set and did some marketing before going back out and completing the ruler. It looks perfect, no one would even know I messed up.. except you :) It was now left to dry overnight and clear coated tomorrow. Shaina was off to the gym and city for an appointment at 3.


I need more items on my Etsy shop so I got a divided serving tray and rather then change it up I jus lightly sanded it smooth then refinished it with salad bowl finish and staged a few photos and put on Etsy.

I wrote a tutorial for the black step stool. For supper I cooked spaghetti to go with some of the left over meat sauce from last night, yum. My paint parcel arrived after 6 much to Harley's excitement. A customer was inquiring about a jewelry box and after searching all my photos I could not find any of one I have. I pulled it out and snapped the photos then looked thru other small projects to paint up. Two bowls were stuck together and as I was trying to dislodge one fell out on the cement floor and of course the carved edge snapped :( Britt and Cooper arrived just after & as I did this. I glued it and tried putting cans on top to keep it weighed down, will see.

B did not stay long as per usual she did not eat yet and hoped to get in on supper. She hates spaghetti so guess even if I had extra she would pass. She did put the kitties away on their way home, thanks! I did more computer work then crawled into bed at 9 with iPad. S was home after 11 with Shaina rolling in just before 1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment