Thursday, April 30, 2020

Wind is back ;(

We lucked out with no wind yesterday am, it is back starting first thing again. And most of the day was overcast and blustery. It even blew the 8 pound bowling ball off but I think the cardboard I left under it caused that. I was very busy all morning packaging up the tin tiles to mail to Michigan, take part in an hour Pinterest course, answering emails and marketing. In the garage I put another coat of stain on the buffet top, perfect.


I had a lady offer furniture from a storage unit So took the truck seeing the trailer is hooked up in to town. I dropped the parcel off and right next door is a new Chinese place so I ordered take out for dinner then sopped at the storage unit. It is sad to see people just walk away from units but this one was full of junk. I actually am not sure why people pay to store junk. I did get a cute antique chair, a unique stool, a ornate footboard  and a checkers table. I left the dressers that were all pressboard, broken and missing drawers.


I was back at the ranch before 2 with 7 spits of rain on the way home. The Chinese food was delicious.


I ran out the meds to B&B then back to the garage to clear wax the buffet and put knobs on too. Of course there were some glue repairs needed but now it is very close to done. The top needs to dry for a day or two then be clear coated and the base dark waxed.



Supper was a smoothie and pepperoni stick, oh how I miss my meal boxes, a girl gets spoiled. Next week one is coming ;) I was drinking my supper when Britt and Cooper popped out an hour early at 6:30. She groomed horses, fed Bird and cats and was on her way before 8. While she did this I opened the garage door, hauled out the boots and boot shelf and swept the garage. Bad idea as the wind swirls around there and blew most of the hair balls back in. I brought in my plants too and put everything back in order.


I then moved on to a few new projects. The jewelry box I sanded the top of got a coat of stain when I was doing the buffet so now I added a couple clear coats. I prepped another wall décor piece, removing glass brackets, filling holes, wiping and painting it and cutting chicken wire to fit the missing glass area.



I also opened the paint parcel I picked up the other day, ooo not sure I am a fan of this shipment. For sure not the green. Too bad she did not replace the frozen paint colors of charcoal and warm white.



All was left to dry coming in at 9 for the day. The sky was dark and threatening with a cool sunset and not long after it actually rained. I am not sure how much as we have no gauge.



I did a bit of marketing then hit YouTube. Plant videos had me out pulling out one of the Gollum jade plants and trying something new too.

No comments:

Post a Comment