Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Custom ordered tin tiles

The big field is to be sprayed today, early they said so I woke at 6:30 and nothing. The days was looking really nice sunny and no wind. I fell back asleep for an hour or so and when I awoke it was still nice which is good as they did not arrive till after 8:30. I pushed out my plants (I totally forgot to take them in the other night and got really lucky) I got Lola inside so not to walk in the sprayed fields when wet and in half an hour they were done and gone.




I wrote a tutorial for the latest crate while sipping my caps along with a bit more marketing. Then it was time to get projects going. The gal ordered shades of grey tin tiles in a different pattern. But first I had to cut tiles. I hauled the board out to the barn, set up the table saw and got them all cut.


I sprayed the bowling ball as I passed too


Back in the garage they were wiped, edges sanded and the embossing paste over stencil completed.



The horses got their pills. The sun decided to leave and the wind pick up so it seems the spray boys made it in time I hope and the plants sucked it up and not the wind. The buffet top was stained a rich java stain color and the base another coat of paint. I stopped for a quick tuna sandwich then back out. The base was sanded. Paint it all pretty and then make it look old ;)


I drove the ranger to the gate to meet another fellow selling my used paint sprayer. Then back to the garage working on the buffet sanding then painted the base color on the finally dry tiles.

Supper was the second portion of the spicy Thai chicken and back to do all the dry brushing colors on the tiles. I used 4 other paint colors and 4 metallic colors and I think they are complete.




The chairs I recently finished were offered to Lynda to go with her dining table she bought from me but she finally responded she would let them pass. Actually she asked for them cheaper in exchange for more chairs but I held strong Sheldon and said sorry not until I sell about 20 first. ;) There were 2 other ladies in lines willing to pay and when I went to let them know I noticed one was from Provost. She said she knew I was where I was and would love to take a drive to pick them up AND could I refinish a table to match them. Holy upsale on these chairs for sure. I worked out a quote and date for pickup/dropoff.

I had another call today from a customer that I did her dining table before Christmas wanting me to do her chairs but I think I talked her into trying herself as I did with Lynda to paint the chairs she wanted to give me. I have had 2 folks yesterday message wanting to know if I was buying pieces. Again I passed as they were not selling at refinishing prices. But it seems folks are wanting to change out pieces now after being home so much.


Lola skin is still red and itchy poor girl

Britt popped out at her usual time, took the ranger to feed Bird and was gone home just as fast as she arrived. I never even saw her face. I laid the buffet on its back to do its feet and hand paint with an artist brush a few areas and wipe a few other under edges. I called it a day at 10 and came in to a cold drink and blog writing. The tile gal messaged she wanted the tiles lighter.. hmmm ok tomorrow lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment