Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Couple new Etsy pieces and shop wall progress

Snow covered the ground when we awoke and was coming down. It picked up too as we enjoyed our coffee watching from inside. It did let up not long after S went to toss hay after 10. His project was to pack up recyclables to take in after lunch. I needed to get some small projects done for Mother's day Etsy sales so scrubbed up then polished and painted a copper topped salt and pepper set. As well I finished the crate I painted a few weeks back with clear and dark wax.


 above was after lots of scrubbing and right is the result of the hard work


After our turkey lunch S headed to town at 1 and was back before 2:30. I wrote an Etsy post for the crate then finished the S&P set with another coat of paint and dark wax. All of course had to be staged and edited before posting. S hit big brown for his afternoon nap. The snow had let up around noon and the sun has peeked out every now and then. Any snow that arrived overnight and today is gone.



In the garage I tidied and started a load of towels before finally deciding on what color to stain the round table top. I went with the gel stain but not sure it was the best choice. Will see, this product is hard to use I found after doing the last table top with it. I sanded refilled with wood filler and sanded the holes on the drawers and dresser. S picked me up some hardware plates to attach feet to the dresser so will get them on tomorrow.


He headed out after his rest before 4 to continue on the shop walls. I went out in the blustery wind to give Bird, Pepper and Bandit their meds and stop and see his progress then it was back to garage projects.





S came in at 6 for news and a cold beer. I joined him too while cooking up the last Chef's Plate meal, penang turkey curry. We did not eat till 7 when ninja B and her sidekick Cooper blew in and out stealthily about that time too.


I wrote up an Etsy ad for the new S&P set after supper and caught up the blog. S tossed hay and downloaded another movie for tonight; Instant Family. It too is a cute movie based on a true story.

we have ducks at our lake

No comments:

Post a Comment