Friday, March 27, 2020

Snow is a melting

Another sunny day ahead. It was -1 when I awoke and was plus 1 when I fell asleep after 12:30. The usual cappuccinos and bran muffin and catching up on marketing for a bit and a few scrabble games. Then I headed out to feed the boys and give pills before getting started back on the tables. The dining table had one of the sides edge sanded down then I moved to the now white table. It was given another coat of white and sanded and distressed when dry.


tried painting my nails to hide the shellac growing out but def not seamless look


I dumped this new can of white paint into a glass jar as metal edges were rusting and getting in paint so to clean the now near empty can out I scrubbed up the wooden crate and dry brushed it. But before I painted the crate I needed to move the bags that go in the back of my car which led to vacuuming it all out to rid it of Lola hair. In short order, mission accomplished. Thanks to the lint roller for the final touches


The seats made a great dog gate but sure caught her white hair in alack interior! 


tadaa!!


I shared my stocked beer fridge and pizza freezer on my Instagram feed


Letting all dry I came in for a quick lunch of the last bran muffin and fresh pineapple of course with a few more games. Then it was back out to wax the table and do more edge work on the dining table.


While working on the blue coffee table tutorial I had a reply from Britt saying the boys could go out for a bit. Seeing it is GORGEOUS out with plus 9 and no wind and full on sun I headed out and set them free.


Clearly I did not need a halter as he was high stepping it straight to the gate ahead of me


Once back inside I saw that Daisy and Roo continued to chase Bandit from anywhere near the herd so out I went again. I caught him and put him back in the paddock but the poor fellow was quite distraught. Back in the field I caught KD and sequestered her to be his new roommate in hopes of losing some of her winter weight.



Finally a head to fit that halter :) and look at the green grass he found. There is loads of water collecting all over and mushy ground happening all around but things are green under the snow. The high hit 10 now.



Now back to the tutorial writing but after 4:30 I got a call from a friend who was dropping off some chairs and a table I had sold him years ago. It is a small round fold down edge table that they had painted black over and the chairs. The black paint was not wearing well and as I picked an edge a sheet of paint pulled off, yikes. This could be quite the project. But that will be in the future as it must now sit and wait for any germs to die. A quick socially distanced standing in the yard visit and they were off after 5.

A bite of the Cajun turkey bake and it was bake to finish the boho blue coffee table tutorial. Now to post it on pages and send to sponsors. I put another coat of wax on the table before heading out to toss hay to Bandit and KD. Now to soak in a tub and enjoy scrabble. I always have to do a chore before I get to play, just like kids ;) Then it was time to change the sheets for a fresh comfy bed with a few rounds of scrabble and YouTube shows to round out my Friday night. At 11:30 the wind picked up again and blew like crazy. It was warm plus 3 air so bet there will be even more water tomorrow especially since they say it and Sunday are around plus 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment