Sunday, December 22, 2019

I built a missing piece on my own

It was snowing big heavy flakes at 1 am and lasted for over half an hour. When I awoke we had a fresh covering of thick chunky snow. Time for the usual cappuccinos and marketing.

All the bathrooms were scrubbed  then the main floor was vacuumed. Presents were wrapped and sorted. B wanted a valet for Dave so I scrubbed up one I had that had a missing upright.



I had a piece of cedar that was similar shape that I thought I could replicate. B came up with the idea of dowels which I simulated with chopsticks. Out in the barn I cut it to size then drilled holes to fit the chopsticks that I cut and glued in. I painted the interior 2 coats of his favorite green to update the yellow velvet.


 power tool queen


Green, Dave's favorite color.



While I was outside cutting the wood and giving the horses their pills it was melting. A really nice day just above freezing. I decided to shovel all the sidewalks.


Daisy seems to have a shorter worn patch


At 4 the snow started to come down, so much for my sidewalk shovelling ;) And it continued to lightly snow for hours. I worked on blog posts, cooking a nutritious supper while watching another Netflix true crime series call Don't F**K with Cats. It was very disturbing. I do remember only a few parts of it in the news.


Organizing the dresser pick up which was to be today, has taken a bit out of my day with plans changing a few times. The plan is now to pick up tomorrow at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment