Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Super windy day

Coffee then on with the day and a WINDY day it was.

I put the wood basket tutorial live before heading out to work on projects. S made himself breakfast then went to grease the farm implements. Matt stopped to borrow bales for seating at his farm tour today and once he was loaded and gone S was off to bale for the day. I sorted my small treasures I sourced yesterday.


I touched up after sanding the bread box and will wait to hand paint the word on it. I stenciled the top of the lazy susan then distressed the edges of it and staged a  few pics.



The long shelf was distressed and photographed


The end tables were given two coats of poly on the top then the Hollywood glam treatment with 2 colors of metallic. Of course the light silver had a few sweeps on the top so they were touched up and a 3rd coat of poly applied. The hardware was put back on and they were hauled in as pretty much done.



S finished the last bale of the day (17 today) just after 2:30 and in the house not long after. I had prepped us a late lunch as he cooked the salmon burgers on the barbeque. The wind switched directions and even picked up intensity. This if anything should dry the hay S cut yesterday faster.

A courier delivered a new supply of paint from Rustoleum, wow lots of cool new products to try.


When I was making aioli I need mayo and found water leak in the furnace room. After eating S trouble shot the issue eventually blaming it on a loose fitting. Let's hope that is the problem and now fixed.

The wind did let up a bit at 5, Stouts are popping over for a visit this evening and before they arrived I vacuumed and moped the main floor and cleaned bathrooms. It is good to have company to get these chores done that get put behind painting. I also ran out and gave the horse their supplements.

Stouts arrived before 8 just as Matt was heading out after returning the bales and we spent the next 3 1/2 hours catching up. The wind finally let up! Shaina was home after her boot camps after 10 and off to soak in the tub. Stouts headed home around 11:30 and of course I had to watch a Good Fight episode before shutting out the lights

No comments:

Post a Comment