Friday, July 12, 2019

Garden shed repair day

This morning I wrote a tutorial for the green jewelry box and posted it to a few sites. My Instagram stencil post has hit almost 300 likes, this is my best ever. I sure hope you have liked it, right? The Facebook post has been seen by over 15,000 people.

S got to work on rebuilding the garden shed doors after helping me haul out the dining table to finally get to sanding.


before and an hour later



I popped over and helped him rip the long boards during a sanding break then was off to do more garage projects. I scrubbed the garage fridge/freezer all out and resorted the wide array of beverages and freezer blocks from the meal delivery boxes. ;)

I chose a stencil for the wood basket and painted it in black chalk paint. It will be fun to write things like apples, flowers etc rather then doing a word permanently.



I went back out to paint the trim pieces he had cut in primer and touched up all the trim on the shed with the actual white paint.





After supper I headed back out to paint the coat of white on the door trim then to the garage to put on the Danish oil. While the first coat sat for 30 minutes I went out and weeded around trees and plants. S took a rip around the closest paddock with the mower for more weeds then fixed the snapped post in the shelter.

Back to reapply another coat of Danish oil and leave this for 15 minutes then wipe and leave over night. S put the now dry trim on the doors. I dark waxed the little wooden basket and buffed, it is complete. Another good day of projects underway or complete.


Britt and Cooper arrived around 10; Cooper is staying the w/e while Britt goes to Fernie to hike with Steph and her family. She will leave early in the am.


No comments:

Post a Comment