Thursday, July 25, 2019

Great day for a ride & baling

After our usual coffee in bed S was off to town on errand run around 10:30 and back by noon. I wrote up the silverware chest tutorial then painted the rocking horse a coat of white milk paint before I came in to cook pasta for a mac salad for lunch.



I rousted Shaina after 10:30 and she was off to the gym for her 11:30. She and Jacob were back around 1 with iced coffees as a treat to go with our lunch. I made fresh from the garden spinach salads that were a big hit and my macaroni salad I just made while S barbecued AV sausage.

After lunch, Jacob helped Sheldon carry in my furniture treasures, THANK YOU fellows.



I put the second coat of milk paint on before we all went for a trail ride, even S joined us. It was a lovely warm ride.


these two are dressed for the hot weather


At the end of the ride Jacob was given loping lessons in the round pen


We finished up after 4, after hosing horses 3 of us went for a cold beer while one took a cold beer and jumped in the tractor to go bale after checking the swaths while riding. Sure enough it was good to go and he rolled up 9 more bales on the old part of the hay field.

I had put Switch and Bird in the round pen to "mow" so went back out put Pepper in too, Roo followed and I thought would all the way to the pen but no she had other ideas. I did call Shaina to help capture the naughty girl and when I did catch her she went back into the paddock.

Jacob and Shaina enjoyed sitting on the deck in the breeze, no bugs at least. It was a warm 28 ish day. I cooked a pizza for supper and before 6:30 they were off to town for her boot camps then back to the city. I made a yummy smoothie and took out to the baler.


Time to hand water my garden, turn on back flower bed timer and pick some spinach and dandelions for horses. S came in with baler issues we tried to trouble shoot then went for another test drive only to have it snap the last shear pin. That ended that plan, now to YouTube to research the repair.




No comments:

Post a Comment