Monday, July 8, 2019

Bottle tree #2

No rain upon waking, after coffee and such S checked and the gauge says 2/10ths. Todays project is to work on the new bottle tree. The rain has made the dirt easy to dig so perfect time to get it up.





It was tamped in well with gravel to make secure and give proper drainage. We hauled out the boxes of blue bottles I had stored up.


Once we had it tamped in solid S ran to town for chips and rebar. I dark waxed the silverware chest before starting on label removal of the bottles.





When S got back he worked on drilling the holes for the rebar while I shoveled chips into the wheel barrow then shoveled into the front flower beds. It looks so good!! Hides the soaker hose and makes it look really pretty.




I moved on to scrubbing the large orange tub soakers. I only found 5 with dead mice!! YUCKY. S started cutting and pounding in the rebar. It was a beauty day.



At 6 I picked fresh spinach, washed it up and got supper on the go. It was soooo delicious with trout, asparagus and zoodles (zucchini noodles).


Look at my peonies opening!!


Matt stopped by at 7 with hamburger we shared. He stayed to visit, have a beer and watch the baseball homerun challenge. I headed out to scrub more bottles and added more left to soak. 


After Matt headed home S joined in to keep this work train rolling. He now was cutting the rebar into lengths and hammering in. I went to scout for more bottle in the shed and sorted others to go to recycling that were just plain. I even found a live mouse this time. Before coming in I remembered to give the two horses their supplements as still light at 10:30.




I could now add the bottles I had scrubbed up today

bottle tree #1 at night


What a great day of yard work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment