Saturday, March 2, 2019

B and Cooper out for the day

Awake before 8 with a blazing sun shining in and it is -32!!! Oh how I feel for the horses with this crazy 30 degree temperature swings. I made a cappuccino and got busy writing Hometalk posts, 3 are required for each feature. And thanks to FB changing their algorithm, features are the only way to have my posts seen on a large scale.


It seems Lola had a tummy ache when letting her out after 8. The cleanup did not clear the yucky air smell so painting was done indoors this am. The chair was painted 2 coats of green. The poll was split between the green or yellow but once putting as an IG post yellow was in the lead. Looks like I need another chair to paint yellow.





The other day I could not see one of Bird's blanket leg straps but looking out the window today I saw her moving her leg away from a dangly piece. Out I went and sure enough there it was ;) I checked over all the horses and crazy at -28 ish they were warm and giving off heat.


Next I decided to stain/oil my little stool then will maybe add some white on the underside tomorrow.


I cleaned up a gold mirror and was just starting painting it a blue green when Britt and Cooper arrived around 1:30. Cooper was off with Lola while B got started on KonMari'ing her disastrous bedroom. I painted the mirror then wet distressed it.



Back to the green chair; a light distressing then dark wax over the entire thing.

B took a cleaning break to go take Bird's blanket off for a bit as it hit -12 and asked if I would do her feet so I pulled on my covies and headed out. Bird was trimmed with her rounding toes as my apprentice. I picked out Switch's and Daisy's feet then did Pepper's fronts. Who would think -14 would seem balmy :) Bird's blanket went back on as tonight is extreme cold again and they say -40s by morning!!



Then it was back inside for a cold beer and snapping photos of the green chair while B got back to purging her room. I made fresh guacamole so we had it and chips before our hamburger soup for supper. Looks like only 1 bowl left.




My next plan was to make banana bread, 4 loaves of yummy goodness. B and Cooper set off for home before 6:30 as Dave's truck would not start and he had to feed horses. B will go see Roo while he does so. While they cooked I wrote the 3rd Hometalk post, whew then taste tested a piece of banana bread once it was cooked. Then off to bed to watch a few This Is Us episodes.



No comments:

Post a Comment