Thursday, August 30, 2018

Shopping day!!

What a beauty day, the sky was clear as Britt headed to work and the sun was bright for most of the day. I was up early again enjoying such a clear summer day. Tempting Daisy and Roo into the winter pasture with the herd and applying her liniment and giving Hawk his daily pill started my outdoor time and even only at 14 it felt warm. Online shopping was next ordering a few birthday gifts.

Derrick the sidewalk guy arrived at 10 as I was loading up to head into town. I had made my first cappuccino this am after watching a YouTube video and decided now that B is moving out I best get a machine.


I locked the horses in on my way by. My stop at Walmart ended up taking over an hour and in the end I had a full cart and have almost all the kids on my Christmas list gifts bought along with a few groceries. WAHOO!!


To celebrate I grabbed a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks before heading to get fuel and drop a couple boxes at the take it or leave it then heading back home. Derrick was finishing up the retaining wall that was not straight and he was off at noon. I took the quad to let the horses all out in the pasture to graze in this beautiful day.


The hutch blog post went live then I headed out to work on the patina lamps. Whew this is a fun process.

step 1 2 coats primer

step 2 -2 coats bronze and step 3 spray with patina spray


The wedding sign was revamped, I traced the letters and hand painted them then sanded, dry brushed again and sealed with white stain/oil finish. It is looking better but still needs black wax.


I peeled off the image transfer and hand painted (above) and white stain oiled below


Back inside I tried another cappuccino mastering my skills and gave me an energy boost to do another purge in the garage. This time it was the wood pieces in the one corner. I hauled all out, sorted, washed walls and window and reorganized. I have a lady coming for all the laminated particle board as well as another for furniture I deconstructed. It was great to get another area sorted out.


When Britt got home for supper she had me make her a cappuccino. I added black wax to the sign and will add more tomorrow again when dry. The lamps were ready to have shades added and put back in our room, I LOVE them.



To get Lola in tonight I hiked almost all the way to the far east fence as horses were there and harvest all around but eventually after my jog, she was in for the night and I went in to relax with Netflix and Nashville season 6 I have been watching for the last few nights. At 11 I went for a glass of water and heard it raining... this is great but I have all that particle board wood out so guess who was out in the rain moving wood in their nightie? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment