Friday, August 17, 2018

off to the tourney

Pretty uneventful day at the ranch, after letting the dogs out and making my coffee I worked on a bit of marketing before heading out to start clear coating the buffet/hutch.

The nightstand had a few pictures taken to post for sale.




I tossed more hay and tweaked Pepper's front feet while he ate and smoothed KD's for her big w/e of reffing. The schedule just came out and she will be in more games then Bird :) It also looks like we can leave in the morning with B's first game not till 10 am then 2nd at 1 pm.

I wrote up 2 blog posts, one for the navy sofa table and one for the matching antique table before heading to the garage to put a 2nd clear coat on the buffet/hutch.

I also did more arranging and project planning. Of course when I moved one of the heavy mirrors I had a corner chip. A vanity mirror needs replacing and my glass man neighbor says he can cut a new vanity one out of the dresser one. yeah.


It is smoky and 28 but little less hazy then yesterday. Time for some yard work too. As supper approached I decided to double check the distance to the tournament as B thought 1 hour but it turned out to be 2 hours. This would be a long ride for the girls then to get off the trailer and play so we decided to go up tonight. This gave me an hour to get showered and stuff packed up on my end and once B was home after 7 we hustled and got drinks and snacks, dog goodies as Cooper is coming along and the horses all loaded by 8.


We left Lola in charge of the 5 horses and 2 cats (Sharon will come feed her once tomorrow) and were off stopping in town to grab a late supper to eat on the way. B bought us A&W, thanks! We made it to Bowden by 10 pm. B's teammates had saved us 2 pens we put the horses in and we pulled into the camping area to park for the night. Some were sitting out having a drink so we had one then all were off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment