Monday, August 13, 2018

back to work for all

B and D were off early to their respective jobs. I let the dogs out before 9 and perused the net waiting for the in bed coffee service ;) Prince enjoyed his last sleep in of his summer vacation before making it. I finished the ruler hand painting the numbers, markings and name in silver.





After lunch S was off to do errands before taking his flight up north to get back to work after his 3 weeks off. I got started scrubbing up the smaller hutch we picked up last week. It has been called by a friend who wants it cream or grey. The mac tac drawer liners were a bit of work to remove the glue but I got it and scrubbed all clean.



It was a beautiful sunny day out and only 21 so perfect to pick more dandelions for the ponies, give Hawk his meds and do some yard work. I then got busy sanding the top of the buffet after the customer decided to have it done like the little accent table that just sold. I lightly power sanded it as it is the only veneer part of the hutch then applied a coat of the stain finishing oil.

he was laying down but jumped up for the photo op ;)

B was home from work around 7 and promptly had a nap. I was working on more garage organizing and ended up doing a full overhaul on the far corner with my doors and frames. Whew talk about opening a can of worms as each part leads to another ;) I found one frame that had a mirror edge had cracked so I set about removing all the mirror. Two edges popped off easy, 2 were a bugger.. I did wear safety glasses though and finally broke and chipped them off.




 B did wake and head out for a late evening conditioning ride then showered up and was off to the city at 10:30 as I headed to bed to relax and catch a few YouTubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment