Wednesday, August 29, 2018

projects & patina

I was awake as B was getting ready to head to work. Crazy how if I had to be awake then I would drag my heels ;) I tried to go back to sleep but eventually just did some online surfing before getting coffee going.

Hawk got his pill before I showered up, a fellow arrived before 10 to pick up 5 small square bales (he bought 4 last time LOL) After hauling them down from the mez yet again, we visited briefly and he was off.

Projects were next; The large frame was white waxed and buffed.



The wedding gift had lath cut and brad nailed onto the back as well as a hook then I spent time online getting my graphics aiming for a western font. I decided to try a product I never did from Country Chic paint when I was a rep called image transfer. It requires the words to be printed mirror image and "glued" on. Before doing so I had dry brushed grey milk paint on the sign and sanded it smooth. It then had to dry for 2+ hours.



Another new product is the patina kit, I hauled the lamp bases out, cleaned them, taped off the top and applied 2 coats of the primer then it had to dry 2+ hours as well.



Cleaning up the garage, taking off mirror supports and reorganizing were next as well as replacing broken hardware on a dining table leaf. S always wonders why I keep parts and this is why, I had the broken pieces right on hand!


I scrubbed up a few more projects including this silver dish to do patina on as well


It was back to hazy occasional sunny again and I did venture out to water the garden and pick zucchini and potatoes. I also tossed Daisy and Roo some hay and put liniment on her leg. I tried the image transfer removal after 4 hours and it was an epic fail ;(


B and Shaina both pulled in at the same time around 7:30, I had supper all ready for us and after eating and a quick visit Shaina was off to the city by 8:30.


recycle reuse reurpose tip.. those pretty 3 wick candles in glass, DON"T throw out, reuse for bathroom supplies or to hold bath salt/sugar scrubs just to name a few

No comments:

Post a Comment